Sunday, June 6, 2010

Setia Eco half Marathon - mY VIRgin half marathon

I thought it was a limited medal thingy.. kinda nice to add into my medals collection. Target is to achieve 100 medals. :p
This is my bib number. Belum pergi beli lagi...

sLept late prior to the race and was still in a zombie stage that I will be running the 1/2 marathon. Well, woke up at 4:15 am.. only a few short hours of sleep.. yea.. big mistake...

So dress up and went to shell to get ribena and two breads for carbo-loading. It kept me awake for awhile and Mr. Dinesh sent an sms saying it was raining on the other side..

does not mean I dont have to run?

hehehe...

So drove slowly over there and I was quite early reaching 5:10 at the toll gate. wENt to toilet and wait for Dinesh...

Then ding dong 2, we were at the car pack oredi. Wow.. this NB running vest not bad ar. Got it from Dinesh which I suppose to get it yesterday but kerja banyak sibuk man..

So walk and see look see look.. mana tau.. its oredi 6.30 jor.. and less than a minute ..the run is on..

Man.. it was still like a delusion like that.. I am actually running 21km leh..

with not enough rest.. my heart hover around 91.. damn..

So I kept myself at 150 to not build L.A. so much.. and to prevent cramp.. but the only concern is that .. will I be in the pace of 8:00 - 8:30 for that pace.. then suprisingly, maybe with the crowd thingy gua, I managed maintain less than 8:00 pace.. It was really surprising.. We shall see from KM 5 - 6 onwards.. but as I ran.. got a bit excited, then push towards 155 -158.. So slow down a bit lah.. but the pace is still executed at 7:20. Wow.. this is interesting..

So saw some few familiar faces and lotsa ppl potong me along the way.. saw some faces which blog I peep..yea..finally I see you... not to create any composure, so dint break the ice.

Then the dark cloud cometh.. then it began to rain.. yea.. I love the rain.. despite it make the shoes heavy.. I dont bother.. coz my legs are heavy enough..so a little extra weight-on doesnt make any different. For the first time, I race in the rain.. damn happy. Really rejuvenating. So at the u-turn saw Khoo was waiting for me.. I down a GU gel 100 metres before that so that I could get the drink to dilute it. It say 8.61 km.. So I am still alrite.. 151 at 7:30 pace. What do u know.. I know I could finish less than 3 hours with not much difficulty from this point.. only the question is at which km I will bonk I ania..

So the detour is climbing uphill a bit and brought my heart rate to 160 at time. So I slow it down and hover between 155 - 158.. still I could maintain less than 8 minutes pace.

Then there is a little bit of downhill... apa lagi.. I take advantage of it and glide faster to shave few seconds off. So not too far away, it was at KM 13 that I begin to feel that my body is heating up and the last tank of carbs to be burn is happening. Well, at least the road was still ok lah..

Gurp down 3 cups of iso drink at the station before I proceed.

Reaching Km15, I watch my heart rate.. 155.. yea. .I know I will do well so long as I mental myself.. and the watch still pace at 7:15 - 7:30.. hmm.. abort the original plan of slowing down. I am gonna keep this pace as long as I can... am already smiling inside ...

So I just press the cruise button on my legs and keep it that way until if it began to fatigue.

At km17, I began to potong more ppl that began to take the walk already. To keep myself sane, I just tell myself, ok.. this one infront, lets potong...after the next... yes, 30 metres ahead, kasi potong.. I am not being paranoid.. but I just want to forget the mileage left.

Damn cinya jialat.. as say in the map the last 6km really no water.. mean no water lah.. Setia wanna tell us that they mean business with their black and white I guess.

So at km 18.3, the body begin feel it coming. Yet, I didnt wanna slow down, I just zap with 158 - 160.. then 163... then opps.. gotta slow down.. U got 2.7 km to go man..take it easy. then at km 19.4 already the glass house jor.. damn so near yet so far.. Have to go to the front bridge and make u-turn.. I just let the pain sits in as I negotiate with my head.. yo.. 1.7km more to go..

then saw a fler wearing gel 3000.. evil grin in me man..that was real evil man..

So less than 800metres to go at the bridge..

Yes, less than a km.. so as I turn left and saw the finish line. I widen my gap and run fast to cut three ppl.. not that I want to cut them.. But I want to be hysterical to run a little faster towards the finish line.. realize later from Garmin that 100 metres run scale my heart rate to 172..ahaha..

So glad and satisfy that I finish my first half marathon.

Garmin says 2:34:40 secs at 20.94 km..

hmm.. not too bad lah.. ahahha..

then the best part of the joke is that Dinesh went and wait for me at the finish line from 2:45 onwards.. I was searching for him also.. thinking he could be hiding in shade to protect his lovely fair skin.

It was a long wait.. where the hell is that fler.. his car is still there ler..

Then later only saw him. he was waiting for me since 2:45 ahahha.. and one fler said to him he saw me at km15 and bonking jor.. ahaha..

so he waited until 3:30.. ahhhaha... like waiting for Proton to fix its power window.

Well, took a quick lunch with the rest of the cohort runners before we departed.

And khoo also did his maiden 21km run, that fler a bit dissappointed ler as he wanted to clock 2:30 one.... but dont worry SCKLM is not too far away!!

now.. need to increase the mileage weekly to prepare for PBIM.

oh.. the bROOks Gycelin does help a lot!!

quite delighted that I did it.. this is what we came here for!!

Thanks to Seah also for passing me the form to sign up for this.. hehe..

2 comments: