Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Balance Pacesetter 15km run

just snapped this awhile ago.. will they have stylo grow in the dark bib number someday?
hthis is FUCkfACE A.K.A. lalamui.. my cohorts running kaki. lala has been so passionate about running recently and gettting all spice up about it. She had signed up for KL marathon as well. If you saw something which makes you think of the word FUCkfACE... make no mistake.. it is the KL marathon lah. Congrats to her despite only few 5 loops training at KLCC..she still did 2 hours a little bit more in nail her virgin run races in complete style... Lala also featured herself before in local paper for handling some mock cheque to dont know what oredi.. celebrity aka newspaper!!

Car radiator fan kong and worried about it getting bang up at the New Balance run. So I asked lala to come and fetch me lah. So she picked me up at 5.30.. I was still suffer from lack of sleep due to the meeting up with buddies over dinner.. did a "fine dine" at 茶王kuchai lama.. and after that proceed to pappa rich for dessert.. so sampai rumah also 1 oredi.. before that sending "nothing wrong with my name" home.

So a little bit hangover lah and the heart beat was pumping slightly faster.

We had McD for breakfast. Then later only find out the cheesy stuff really interfere with the run.

Arrived and met Khoo and we talk cock like no tomorrow. Khoo seems to be energetic about this run. Then saw Richard Liau and their running friends too. Richard is my boss business circle buddies and he told me he first run was NB 15km last year. woW!!

So 10 mins before the race.. I start my Garmin.. no..it dint pick up the satellite.. wonder where are all the birds gone to? It didnt get signal until 4 km and eventually lost some signal as well. WTF!!

But it was alrite.. coz we had scout the route last week to psycho ourselves lah..

It was like a dreaded diseases ler.. breath heavily then usual.. and bank negara leading up the trail can see some flers slow down to walk..

not tOO long after the first water station. give me all the reason to walk a bit lah.. Then start to run again down hill and leading up to Jalan Tunku sudah wanan bonk bonk.. price to pay for not resting early.. but i walked fast lah.. but I was glad that from then on.. running was between 7:30 on flat and downhill.

Target was to do sub 2 hours ler. Then came to the first split.. that bloody hill.. apa lagi.. walkathon lah.. as the descend cometh.. I nos a bit lah until the second hill up.. so after crossing the bridge which we ran opposite direction during January run.. I know I could ease a little bit running down soon.. Then saw a malay chap was pushing and walking and ranting. So I encourage him to push on.. then he said.. : " ar...dah agak dah..." ahahah. wonder what is going thru his mind.

Then to the final water station. now really tak boleh dah.. the damn bloody hot sun was blazing hot man!! wanna burn us up in hell like that.. that kind of torment when you are a slow runner lah.. so walked up to the top and give one final blow to run and not walk anymore..

Then reached the small up ascend at parlimen. All cried up to tell me .. walk boon walk.. but I know I could not clock sub 2 if I walk..

Thanks to garmin that keep me mindful of the time.

Then sprint a little bit to the finish line.. when I see 1 : 57 .... but unofficial result said i am 15 seconds more to reach 2 hours. but that is ok.. my initial target was 2:10 lah.. ahaha

Was really amaze lala finished in style and she was still good after that. Way to go!!

She tot maybe cannot get finisher medal because sudah over qualifying time lah..ahaha.. but i think she was glad lah the goodies back got the finisher medal.

Then we had some snack and drink before heading back..

Though it was a painful race but it does satisfy as I pull it thru..

2 comments: